The Drakensberg Mountains are simply spectacular and its one of those places that most of us have lovely childhood memories of our Drakensberg family holidays. Its these memories that make the Drakensberg such a desired and popular wedding destination. And its the weddings that keep bring us back to our magnificent mountains time and time again. So if you have made your choice to celebrate your wedding in the Drakensberg then you need to choose the right Drakensberg wedding venue to suite your wedding needs and wishes. The Drakensberg offers everything from small wedding venues to huge wedding venues that cater for more than 500 wedding guests. And then you can choose the style of your wedding weather it be chic, rustic farm style, themed or fine dining. Often couples getting married in the Drakensberg Mountains are planning for a family wedding. Make sure that the wedding venue you choose has the facilities you imagine. Consider also what your guests would like and choose a Drakensberg wedding venue that also fits yours and their budget.
Top Drakensberg wedding venues
- Antbear Drakensberg Lodge A venue ideally suited to smaller wedding of up to 100 persons. There is no venue with a view more stunning than this venue and the venue decor is nothing short of exquisite. Its more like getting married in a Drakensberg art gallery.
- Cathedral Peak Hotel The scenic beauty of this renowned Drakensberg hotel, its personal service and the attention to detail makes this venue a superb choice for your wedding celebration
- Alpine Heath is situated in the Northern Drakensberg and can host weddings of up to 200 persons in their conference hall
- Cleopatra Mountain Farmhouse the most romantic wedding in the heart of the spectacular Drakensberg Mountains. Indulge all your senses at this stunning venue where award-winning chef Richard Poynton will spoil you with an awesome gourmet experience on your very special day.
- Witsend Offering breath-taking views of the magnificent Drakensberg mountain range our custom built reception venue is reminiscent of a spacious stone farmhouse.
- Cathkin Farm is a do it yourself wedding venue with a beautiful farm setting in the Champagne Valley