Ladysmith is located in the Northern Drakensberg. Ladysmith made world headlines at the end of the 19th century when it was besieged for 118 days during the Anglo-Boer/South African War. Much of its history is now offered as a tourist attraction in Ladysmith. Almost halfway between Johannesburg and Durban, Ladysmith is the ideal place for a midway stop-over although it is a little off the N3. Whether for a few nights or just a few hours – Ladysmith offers a rewarding experience to all its visitors. Ladysmith is agateway to the Central Drakensberg and Northern Drakensberg.
Ladysmith tourist attractions
- Several permanent displays in the Cultural Centre, a township shack, a tribute to the Drakensberg boys` choir as well as the Grammy Award winning Ladysmith Black Mambazo
- Horse trails are offered by Biggarsberg Horse Trails.
- The Ladysmith Siege Museum displays artifacts from the Anglo Boer War
- Encounter Cheetahs, Servals, Leopards, Meerkats hands on and learn more about these majestic animals at the Nambit Cheetah centre
- The Spioenkop Dam offers excellent opportunities for fishing where species such as barbell, carp, scalies, bluegill and tilapia can be hooked.
- Spioenkop Game Reserve offers wildlife including white rhinoceros, giraffe and a variety of plains and bushveld antelope. The abundance and variety of species assures visitors a rewarding game experience. Horse trails through the Spioenkop Game Reserve are also offered.
- The Springbok Lodge Springbok Lodge epitomises the perfect safari experience with beautifully appointed tented suites, service excellence, superb cuisine and prolific wildlife – ensuring an unforgettable experience.
- Elephant Rock Private Safari Lodge Lodge accommodation in Ladysmith. Superbly sited overlooking a waterhole, Elephant Rock is a charming boutique safari lodge offering luxury accommodation for up to 10 people.
- Bokmakierie Country Lodge Bed and Breakfast,Self Catering accommodation in Ladysmith The Bokmakierie Country Lodge is set in tranquil surroundings at the edge of Ladysmith, overlooking the Country Club golf course, acres of barren land, and a variety of wildlife.
- LELO’s BED AND BREAKFAST accommodation in Ladysmith. We are centrally located in Ladysmith and are a walking distance from CBD, and only 400m from the N11 road. We give our guests special attention as we are owner operated establishment.
- Lions Valley Lodge – Private Game Reserve Lodge accommodation in Ladysmith Lions Valley Lodge is a private game reserve situated on 21,000 acres of the Nambiti Conservancy. This luxury safari reserve is nestled in the Ladysmith area of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, within easy reach of the central Drakensberg
- The Royal Hotel Bed and Breakfast,Hotel accommodation in Ladysmith. Elegant, tastefully-decorated, air-conditioned rooms that contain an extensive array of facilities. Known far and wide for our service and attention to detail, we offer excellent conferences and banqueting facilities.
- Buller’s Rest Lodge Self Catering,Lodge accommodation in Ladysmith. This charming country-style, thatch home offers bed and breakfast and dinner on request in a friendly, family atmosphere with beautiful berg views from a magnificent sun deck overlooking Ladysmith.
- Egerton Manor Self Catering,Guest House accommodation in Ladysmith. Comfortable, well appointed accommodation offering you a restful night. A real home from home allows for a friendship to develop in a few hours. Centrally Situated: We are situated in the middle of Ladysmith, easily accessible.
- Hunter’s Lodge Lodge accommodation in Ladysmith. Hunters Lodge is centrally situated in the busy town of Ladysmith. We pride ourselves on providing a restful oasis for the weary traveller and offer a home from home atmosphere – arrive as strangers and leave as friends.
- Platrand Lodge Lodge accommodation in Ladysmith. All 4000 hectares of the farm are fenced for the 17 different types of game, although the main activity is breeding of Brangus cattle.
- Durnford’s Lodge Lodge accommodation in Ladysmith. Durnford’s Lodge is a “Bed & Breakfast” Guest House Style, situated at 28 Francis Road, Ladysmith – close to the C.B.D, yet away from the drone of everyday shopping and traffic.
- Peaches & Cream B&B Bed and breakfast accommodation in Ladysmith. Peaches and Cream if a beautiful, secluded and gracious colonial home nestled in a lush indigenous garden. Peaches and Cream offer guests beautifully decorated en suite bedrooms. Each luxurious bedroom is equipped with TV, DSTV, air-conditioning, electric blankets
- Boer & Brit Lodge Self Catering,Lodge,Caravan Sites,Camping accommodation in Ladysmith. Private; secluded, Four large en suite rooms, one suite and 1 self-catering flat and camp sites for backpackers. Outside entertainment areas. 3 braai (barbecue) places, beautiful, lush garden, large pool. Secure covered parking. German, Afrikaans & English Spoken
- Farquhar Lodge Lodge,Guest House accommodation in Ladysmith. Each room is heated, air conditioned and are fully equipped with tea and coffee making facilities. You can relax in front of the TV in the comfort of you own room, scrolling though the selected DSTV channels
- Royal Country Lodge Lodge accommodation in Ladysmith.
- Thatcher’s Country Guest House Bed and Breakfast,Guest House accommodation in Ladysmith. Thatcher’s Country Guest House is a magnificently thatched homestead situated in the serene splendour of the Biggarsberg in Northern Kwa-Zulu Natal, and offers a tranquil and distinctive getaway.
- Zintulo Private Safari Lodge Bed and Breakfast,Lodge accommodation in Ladysmith. A rustic yet sophisticated safari lodge, Zintulo Safari Lodge offers wrap around views of the spectacular lower lying areas of the Nambiti Conservancy. Zintulo Safari Lodge is set apart due to its dramatic and spectacular location.
- Budleigh House Bed and Breakfast accommodation in Ladysmith. Set in a large park like garden with shaded seating for relaxation after a long day. Luxury accommodation is offered with full scrumptious English breakfasts.
- Trenchgula Game Farm & Guest Lodge. Self Catering,Lodge,Guest House accommodation in Ladysmith. In a peaceful game farm setting, Trenchgula Game Farm & Guest Lodge a luxury 4 star quality guest lodge lies nestled below the war graves of the Anglo-Boer War on top of the Trenchgula Hill.
- Ladysmith – The town of Ladysmith is situated on the banks of the Klip River
- Ladysmith, the gateway to the Northern Drakensberg
- Winterton South Africa
- Ladysmith – Ladysmith is the natural gateway to the tourist delights of the Central Drakensberg and Northern Drakensberg
- Antbear Guest House Activities in the Drakensberg South Africa Ladysmith was involved in heavy fighting with the Boer Army and offers a few worth while sites to visit.
- Battlefields in South Africa – Zulu wars, Shaka, Isandlwana, Rorkes Drift, Colenso, Spioenkop, Ladysmith, Dundee, Churchill
- Battlefields – Accommodation Drakensberg. the siege of Ladysmith
- Central Drakesberg accommodation – Central Drakensberg
- Regional events for the Natal Midlands and the Drakensberg
- Ladysmith – Accommodation in the Drakensberg Mountains
- Ladysmith – Ladysmith is the natural gateway to the tourist delights of the Central Drakensberg and Northern Drakensberg.
- Conferences / Weddings – Northern Drakensberg
Ladysmith – The town of Ladysmith on the banks of the Klip River – proclaimed in 1850 – was named after the Spanish wife of Sir Harry Smith.
- Durnfords Lodge – B&B Accommodation in Ladysmith
- Battlefield Tours in the Drakensberg – For those of you that prefer self guided tours we like to recommend starting at Frere at the Winston Churchhill capture site then moving on to the Ladysmith Siege Museum
- Ladysmith Accommodation
- Ladysmith – Accommodation in the Drakensberg Mountains